Well Woman Checkup
Every year — including weight, height.
This checkup also includes
- Blood Pressure – every 2 years if normal (<120/80)
- Blood Pressure – every year or more often if higher than 120/80
- Diabetes Blood Glucose – if your blood pressure is > 135/80 or if you take blood pressure medication
- Cholesterol test – get regular testing if you are at risk for heart disease
- Pap test screen for cancer – Ask your Provider if you need to be screened.
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea – get tested if you are sexually active and at increased risk (new or multiple partners).
- Syphilis – get tested if you are at increased risk Clinical breast exam- every year
- Breast Self-Exam – be familiar with how your breasts look and feel so you can identify any changes and discuss with your provider.
- HIV screening – all women should be offered a 1-time screening. Follow up testing should be done based on individual risk. Discuss your risk with your Provider.
- Bone Mineral Density Test (DEXA Scan) – Age 65 or older- get this test at least once, then as needed per your Provider
- Every 2 years through age 74- Age 75+ discuss with your Provider if you need to be screened
- Get screened through age 75. Three different tests are available. Discuss with your Provider which test is best for you and how often you need screening
Lung Cancer Screening
- For women between 55 and 74 who smoked one pack/day for 30 years or more, or two packs/day for 15 years or have quit smoking these amounts less than 15 years ago.
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine – every year
- Diphtheria/Tetanus – single vaccination
- Varicella Zoster Vaccine (for Shingles) – single vaccination
- Pneumococcal Vaccine (for Pneumonia) – Age 65 and over – single vaccination